Register GST/HST for your Sole Proprietorship and Partnership forms of business
Charges: $ 39.95 only
- Get your Harmonized Sales Tax (HST), previously GST Number, registration for Ontario Sole Proprietorship and Partnership forms of business
- You need HST registration if you are engaged in commercial activity and your worldwide taxable sales are over $ 30,000.00 for any four or fewer consecutive calendar quarters. (Previously GST, Canada)
- In general a 13% Harmonized Sales Tax rate applies to all goods and services in Ontario
Three reasons to register an HST account:
- An HST registrant can claim HST input tax credits (HST paid on business expenditures). If you are an HST registrant and your input tax credits exceed HST collected on sales, you may claim a refund of the excess from Canada Revenue Agency. If you are not a registrant the HST paid on expenses is included as part of the expense when computing net income.
- Not being registered for HST tells everyone that you are running a truly small business. (Your sales are below $ 30,000.00 per year) If your customers are other businesses, they expect to pay HST.
- Companies that are required to register for HST must remit the HST tax to the Canada Revenue Agency - even if it has not been collected from the customer. By registering for HST upon starting your business, you will eliminate the possibility of inadvertently surpassing the $ 30,000.00 threshold and being exposed to penalties and interest charges for noncompliance.
Apply for HST/GST registration