Trade Name Registration
A trade name is any name under which you do business other than the current legal name on your corporate registration record.
If you would like to use any name other than your corporate name you must register a trade name.
These are some important basic principles:
- There is no limit on the number of trade names, which may be registered by one corporation.
- Trade names are not "protected" from use by other companies through trade name registration. To protect your name you need to register a trademark.
- You must use your corporate name together with the trade name on all contracts and legal documents. (ABC Limited O/A Flowers for You)
Here is what you get once your application is approved:
- You will receive an Official Registration Certificate issued by Ontario government
- This certificate will be valid for 5 years
Our Business Registration Packages include a comprehensive list of services required to start a business in Ontario.